Events & Programs
Our Healthcare Symposium Series brings youth from schools across the area to hear speakers present on the importance of cultural awareness and multiculturalism in medical professions. For more information, click on the city name.
|2013 Healthcare Diversity Summit - "Diversity and Cultural Competence in Healthcare"|
|Greater Dallas||June 11th|
|Central Texas (Austin)||August 15th|
|Gulf Coast (Houston)||August 28th|
|Greater San Antonio (DTB)||July 25th|
|2013 Florida Healthcare Diversity Summit - Tampa, FL||May 31st|
|2013 Arkansas Healthcare Diversity Summit||More information to come|
|2013 Louisiana Healthcare Diversity Summit - New Orleans, LA||October 24th|
|2013 Ohio Healthcare Diversity Summit - Dayton & Toledo, OH||May 21st & September 19th|
|2013 Arizona Healthcare Diversity Summit||More information to come|
Also see: 2012 Texas Healthcare Symposium Series
Healthcare Summit topics may include:
- Why is it critical for healthcare providers to increase the diversity in their workforce?
- The idea of culturally-competent care is a very real and necessary component of delivering quality care across an increasingly more diverse spectrum of patients. How have you effectively managed and built sustainability around inclusion efforts?
- Diversity in my profession: Benefits and opportunities that I have received from my diverse background.
- On the front lines of diversity and inclusion: Healthcare is bringing a chair to the table.
- The implications of health care reform for diverse populations.
- How to implement new standards on culturally and linguistically appropriate services from The Joint Commission and the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
- How healthcare organizations can respond to health IT demographic data collection recommendations.
- Integrating consumer, patient, family, and community perspectives into healthcare diversity initiatives, and the demand for increased accountability, effectiveness, and transparency.